Creative experiences and technology – it’s our marketing power couple, and it’s what earned ResMed higher awareness and engagement results beyond our team’s wildest dreams.
So, here’s the thing: sleep shouldn’t have to be a hard sell, right? We all love getting lots of good sleep and waking up feeling refreshed. However – most of us aren’t. Plenty of peer-reviewed research1 shows that our sleep quality and habits have been affected heavily by the events of the last two years. The pandemic has left us all more stressed and anxious on average, and ironically, the one thing that’s proven to be able to help us all is exactly what we’re missing: high-quality sleep.
The question is: how do we start getting more high-quality snooze as a nation? Well, it starts with partnering with the best in the field. ResMed is a global leader in sleep technology with origins in Australia and a track record of over 30 years. Their mission is simple: promote good sleep habits, create awareness for sleep-disordered breathing, and help Australians awaken their best.
One of their most recent campaigns, ‘WakeOver’, challenged Australians to ‘Awaken their best’ by showcasing the benefits of good sleep. ResMed needed an integrated solution for in-person activations as part of this campaign, something that could help achieve their goals and help drive traffic to ResMed and their partner network. And that’s where we stepped in.
The goal was to unlock rejuvenation across the Eastern Seaboard through educating people about their sleep habits and discovering more about disorders such as Sleep Apnea. So, we created the ResMed Rejuvenation Roadshow – a four-week tour that visited six targeted shopping malls. This campaign leveraged several smart activations which featured:
1. Pledge To Win Competition Area.
This included a Pledge Wall where visitors could make a physical or digital pledge (using a QR code) on what they would do if they had a better night’s sleep. They could choose one of three pledges: spend more time with family and friends; get fit and be active; or be more productive and focused at work. Every pledge offered them an opportunity to win a ResMed sleep pack hamper worth up to $400 daily! The customers’ data2 was collected through competition entries. What would you do with a better night’s sleep? Make your own pledge here.
2. Sleep Well Section.
This spot offered relaxing, herbal ResMed Sleepy Time Tea tastings. This caffeine-free tea helps people unwind, and is made from chamomile, lemon balm, hops, lime blossoms, passionflower and skull cap. There were hot 50ml samples and dry 5ml giveaway packs. Interested? You can buy a pack of it here.
3. Discover Our Tools Area.
This is where customers could have free sleep consults with ResMed Sleep Coaches3. They could ask questions about sleep and earn recommendations for key ResMed sleep support products.
4. Test Your Tiredness Section.
This used a bespoke interactive spot-the-difference game called the WakeOver Challenge to see how tired the customers were. (Keen to give it a try? Head over here).
So, the question is: how did the campaign perform? “Our aim was simple, promote good sleep habits, create awareness for sleep-disordered breathing and share how ResMed can help Australians sleep better,” says Stephanie Benkovich, Senior Marketing Specialist – ANZ. “And that’s exactly what the ResMed Rejuvenation Roadshow achieved thanks to an innovative combination of experiential expertise, creative technology, and fun, engaging activations.”
This technology-powered roadshow helped thousands of customers understand better sleep and learn more about sleep disorders through digital and real-life activation tools. For ResMed, it drove awareness of their brand and ramped up the size and reach of their customer database. All-in-all, it helped customers understand how they could achieve high-quality ‘Zs’ and give ResMed more brand love – which is exactly the result we were looking for.
Ready to transform your next campaign from a dream into reality? Let’s meet for a real or virtual coffee. We’ll help you create engaging experiences with the customers that matter, and we’ll make sure you earn both digital and real ROI. Want a live sample? Hit us up for a FREE Masterclass.
- 1 Mandelkorn, Uri et al. “Escalation of sleep disturbances amid the COVID-19 pandemic: a cross-sectional international study”. Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine. January 2021. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7849644/
- 2 All data was securely collected and handled in strict accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) of The Privacy Act 1988.
- 3 ResMed sleep coaches are sales and customer service representatives who have received training in sleep health. They can give general information about sleep health, sleep disorders, and products that may help improve your sleep. They are not qualified healthcare professionals and cannot provide medical advice.
- 4 ResMed sleep coaches are sales and customer service representatives who have received training in sleep health. They can give general information about sleep health, sleep disorders, and products that may help improve your sleep. They are not qualified healthcare professionals and cannot provide medical advice.